GBK unveils digital strategy for customer rewards scheme
Gourmet Burger Kitchen, the independent restaurant chain, is launching a digital customer loyalty programme through a new website and smartphone app.
GBK: unveils mobile app
The GBK app and its accompanying web-version lets diners locate their local outlet and view menus via a check-in service.
Loyalty points will be awarded against any purchases made and can be boosted by playing the app's games and using social media.
Diners earn "badges" for undergoing certain challenges, which then equate to free food. For example, customers ordering a Habernero burger with extra jalapeno chillies will receive a Fireface badge, entitling them to a free drink.
There are 12 badges to collect and scores will be recorded on the GBK leaderboard.
Consumers can share their achievements by posting them to Twitter and Facebook through the app, which is available on iOS, Android, Windows and Blackberry.
Alasdair Murdoch, chief executive, Gourmet Burger Kitchen, said: "We know that now, more than ever, our customers are looking for value, as well as a fun, easy to use loyalty scheme that offers quick rewards.
"Our new loyalty app offers just that. It also allows us to take a more personal approach, rewarding the most frequent customers with extra benefits, according to their tastes."
Gourmet Burger Kitchen launched in 2001 and now has 53 stores across the UK.
Last year the premium burger chain appointed Nonsense to handle its digital marketing and social media account, as it looked to move beyond its previous voucher-centric marketing strategy.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...