Direct Line to merge marketing and product teams
Direct Line Group has announced a restructure of its marketing operations, to coincide with the promotion of Mark Evans to the role of group marketing director.
Direct Line: 'take the direct line' by M&C Saatchi
Parent company RBS is set to launch an IPO of the insurance business, leading Paul Geddes, the company's chief executive, to state the need to save £100m by the end of 2014, including through marketing efficiencies.
The marketing team for its range of brands – including Direct Line, Churchill, Green Flag and Privilege – will be integrated with its personal lines product team. It is not yet known if this will result in any job cuts.
As part of the overhaul, Mark Evans, director of brand portfolio and partnerships, will take up the position of group marketing director. Former HSBC marketer Evans has filled the role on an interim basis since the departure of chief marketing officer Rick Vlemmiks in July.
Evans’ previous role will be taken over by former B&Q marketer David Moore, who spent nine months as interim marketing director at the DIY retailer before leaving in April.
He has also held senior marketing posts at Warren Evans, Travelex, Focus DIY, Wickes, and The Number 118118.
Last month, the insurer launched a new marketing strategy for its Direct Line brand, ditching its comedic ads starring ‘The Thick of It’ actor Chris Addison for a creative that promotes its breadth of expertise.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London