HSBC to sponsor Vevo's new artist series
HSBC has become the first sponsor of Vevo's new artist series 'Lift in the UK', starting with the new single from guitar pop band Lawson, in the music video platform's biggest UK commercial deal to date.
Vevo: new artist series is sponsored by HSBC
In activity negotiated by Mindshare, HSBC will use its exclusive sponsorship of all Vevo Lift videos on the site to promote its competition for young entrepreneurs. The sponsorship deal lasts until the end of the year.
The deal starts today (24 September) and the video for Lawson's forthcoming single 'Standing In The Dark' is branded with the words "brought to you by HSBC".
The Lift series promotes new artists by showcasing their music videos, video diaries and footage from live event. Previous featured acts include Labrinth, Rita Ora and Conor Maynard.
Although HSBC is the first commercial partner of the Lift series in the UK, it has been sponsored by brands such as McDonald's (Lift sponsor throughout 2011) in the US.
Jon Longhurst, account director, Vevo, said: "Vevo Lift features the best in emerging talent and its results in the past year in raising Labrinth, Rita Ora and Conor Maynard's profile have been superb.
"As a bank that places great value in supporting young entrepreneurs, partnering with HSBC was the perfect fit for Lift."
In July, Vevo restructured its UK operations, parting with Jonathan Lewis, its former managing director of sales and operations, and commercial director Jonathan Lewen.
The UK business, which encompasses around 30 staff, is now led by Nic Jones, senior vice president of international at Vevo.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)