MediaCom Sport to expand into Russia, Brazil, US and Germany
MediaCom Sport, the specialist sponsorship and strategy team, is set to roll out its operation in four key markets in the coming months, starting with Russia this week.
Pelé: has four-year global partnership deal with MediaCom Sport
MediaCom Sport Russia & CIS is opening for business in Moscow and will soon be followed by a further three new offices servicing the US, Brazil and Germany within three months.
The agency has appointed Ken Crease, the former managing director of Sport Media Group, to lead its Moscow office.
The eastern European market is expected to be a key market for sports sponsorship in the next two years, with Russia hosting both the Winter Olympics in 2014 and the Football World Cup in 2018.
A number of MediaCom clients are already reported to be signed as partners for the two events and total sponsorship deals around Sochi 2014 are tipped to be worth $1.2bn (£74m).
Crease said: "Russia is going to be at the centre of global sport for the next six years. Participating in sport presents great opportunities for brands to forge strong bonds with consumers.
"Pride in Russia's ability to win the rights to host these events will ensure that associated brands reap the rewards."
The expansion of WPP's MediaCom Sport network follows a strong year of growth for established sponsorship specialists in 2012.
The sector is expected to be worth $45b (£28bn) n in 2015, according to PricewaterhouseCoopers.
In the UK, MediaCom has bolstered its London headquarters with the senior appointments of James Hough, John Scurfield and Misha Sher.
Hough joins from Havas Sports & Entertainment and Scurfield joins from OMD’s Fuse, where he was head of sponsorship in the UK. Together they form part of the new leadership team.
Sher is responsible for developing MediaCom Sport’s four-year deal to support brand extensions for Brazilian legend Pelé.
He has previously overseen global partnerships for Glasgow Rangers FC and also worked for Fox Soccer Channel, Soccerex and Brown Brothers Harriman & Co in Boston.
MediaCom Sport offers four key areas of services: strategic advice, rights negotiation, rights activation and measurement.Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Agency Candidates Required Michael Page Digital GBP25000 - GBP50000 per annum, Guildford
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...