Nokia sponsors Drama on 4 ahead of Lumia launches
Nokia is sponsoring Channel 4's range of 'Drama on 4' programmes, as part of its push to support its Lumia smartphones that will run on the Windows Phone 8 operating system.
Nolia Lumia: sponsoring Channel 4's Drama on 4 series
The sponsorship deal will have Nokia's Lumia 920 and 820 smartphones featured in idents, beginning with the start of the new season of drama on Tuesday 24 September and running through to the end of the year.
Nokia's sponsorship deal comes despite the mobile manufacturer not yet releasing any information on either the launch date or pricing for the phones in the UK.
It is understood the Lumia 920 will launch in the UK in November, while Everything Everywhere has revealed that the Lumia 920 4G will launch exclusively on its upcoming 4G network.
The sponsorship will span four dramas including US series 'Homeland', political conspiracy thriller 'Secret State', feature-length drama 'Everyday' and Brighton-based crime drama, 'The Fear'.
Dale Micklewright, group partnership manager at Channel 4, said: "Following our successful product placement partnership with Nokia Lumia and 'Hollyoaks' this year, this latest sponsorship deal aligns the new Nokia Lumia handset range with more of Channel 4's distinctive drama – the perfect partnership for our younger and engaged audience."
Nokia's media agency Carat negotiated the deal.
The idents will be 15 seconds long at the beginning of the programme, five seconds long during the ad breaks and will be 10 seconds long at the end.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Customer Insight Analyst Network Marketing £24000 - £28000 per annum, West Yorkshire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...