Olympic sponsors in talks over 2012 legacy events
London 2012 sponsors, such as McDonald's, are in talks with a government-backed charity that aims to launch annual sports participation events.
Join In: hired LOCOG marketing director Greg Nugent
The charity, called Join In, has hired ex-LOCOG marketing director Greg Nugent and former ITV chief executive Sir Charles Allen to help devise a series of events to encourage people to volunteer and participate at their local sports clubs.
The first Join In events, sponsored by BT, took place in the weeks between the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Nugent said: ‘Our focus is to dream up something special for next year and work [with] great partners to help make Join In one of the most exciting parts of the legacy from the London Games.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Creative Project Assistant become £20K-£24K, London