Olympic sponsors in talks over 2012 legacy events
London 2012 sponsors, such as McDonald's, are in talks with a government-backed charity that aims to launch annual sports participation events.
Join In: hired LOCOG marketing director Greg Nugent
The charity, called Join In, has hired ex-LOCOG marketing director Greg Nugent and former ITV chief executive Sir Charles Allen to help devise a series of events to encourage people to volunteer and participate at their local sports clubs.
The first Join In events, sponsored by BT, took place in the weeks between the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Nugent said: ‘Our focus is to dream up something special for next year and work [with] great partners to help make Join In one of the most exciting parts of the legacy from the London Games.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)