Olympic sponsors in talks over 2012 legacy events
London 2012 sponsors, such as McDonald's, are in talks with a government-backed charity that aims to launch annual sports participation events.
Join In: hired LOCOG marketing director Greg Nugent
The charity, called Join In, has hired ex-LOCOG marketing director Greg Nugent and former ITV chief executive Sir Charles Allen to help devise a series of events to encourage people to volunteer and participate at their local sports clubs.
The first Join In events, sponsored by BT, took place in the weeks between the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Nugent said: ‘Our focus is to dream up something special for next year and work [with] great partners to help make Join In one of the most exciting parts of the legacy from the London Games.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)