KFC first social media campaign targets women
KFC is continuing its efforts to attract young female consumers, with its first major UK social-media campaign.
KFC: targeting women with first social push
The fast-food chain is supporting its Grilled BBQ Rancher range with a viral ad featuring comedian Jenny Bede.
The tongue-in-cheek clip (below) considers the justifications women might use for eating unhealthy food, such as "It doesn’t count if it’s from someone else's plate".
Viewers will be encouraged to share their "It doesn’t count if…" stories on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Twitter users can also follow KFC’s @Doesnt-CountIf feed.
Jennelle Tilling, UK and Ireland vice-president for marketing at KFC, said: "Our first major social campaign provides us with a light-hearted mechanic to engage directly with young adult females, and gives us a chance to change their perception of KFC."
The campaign was created by digital company Fabric Worldwide.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...