Free Time Out attracts big-brand advertisers
Time Out is published for the first time today (25 September) in its new incarnation as a free title, with a bold red cover which states, "Take Me, I'm Yours", and carrying advertising from MasterCard, Channel 4, Vodafone.
The first issue of the free title runs to 78 pages and with its heavy focus on listings interspersed with features, is similar to its previous incarnation as a paid-for title, priced at £3.25.
Today's issue features an interview with 'Satanic Verses' author Salman Rushdie and a feature on the best free things to do in London.
Media buyers have, for the most part, been optimistic about the title's potential and have given today's issue a thumbs-up, acknowledging the big-brand advertising it has been able to attract.
Rob Lynam, head of press at WPP-owned MEC, said: "Time Out was a fantastic magazine before, and looking at today's issue, I don't think they have ruined it – in fact it hasn't changed dramatically, but now the magazine is able to deliver scale.
"I think it looks good, the paper quality is fine and similar to ShortList magazine. It has also attracted similar advertising to what it attracted as a paid title."Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Project Manager - International Ad agency £30-35K Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London