Getmemedia.com appoints Simon Orpin as joint MD
Getmemedia.com, the media and marketing search engine, has appointed Simon Orpin, ITV's former director of creative solutions, as its joint managing director.
Getmemedia: Pete Davis and Simon Orpin
In his new role Orpin will take responsibility for the operational running of Getmemedia.com and work alongside managing director and founder Pete Davis to develop and strengthen the business.
After more than 10 years at ITV and its predecessors Orpin was promoted to the position of integrated planning director in November 2006 before taking on the role of creative solutions director in 2008.
Orpin left ITV as part of the wide-ranging restructure which led to the departure of six ITV executives in January last year.
Most recently Orpin has delivered bespoke marketing communications projects for advertisers using TV, film, music and online as a director of his own consultancy, Just So Communications.
Davis said: "Orpin has a strong background in media and marketing and an incredible talent for matching people with great ideas – so he will be a real asset as we focus on delivering more bespoke briefs from brand managers and agencies to media owners."
Earlier this year Getmemedia.com designed its site adding new features such as a keyword search function, an "ideas generator" and idea of the week to make it easier for marketers and their agencies to find ideas and insight.
Last month Getmemedia.com appointed Gary Hughes, the former chief financial officer of Gala Coral Group and group finance director at Emap, as its new chairman.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...