Syfy launches biggest campaign to date for premiere of Continuum
Syfy, the cable channel, is claiming to launch its biggest marketing activity to date in support of its new futuristic thriller series 'Continuum', which will be sponsored by the video game, ' XCOM: Enemy Unknown'.
Continuum: series begins on the Syfy cable channel on 27 September
Syfy rebranded from the Sci Fi Channel in 2009. The 'Continuum' activity kicks off tomorrow (27 September).
The wide-ranging sponsorship element of the campaign has been brokered on behalf of Syfy by Sky Media and will involve sponsorship by 'XCOM: Enemy Unknown', the video game which launches on October 12.
This activity chimes with the UK premier of 'Continuum' on 27 September. The series will be shown in 10 one-hour episodes.
Central to the sponsorship deal will be 'XCOM: Enemy Unknown'-branded bumpers at the beginning end and centre breaks of each episode, which have been created by The Picture Production Company.
The campaign, planned by MediaCom, also included TV spots on target audience channels, including Sky 1, FX, CBS Action, Watch and Sky Atlantic.
There will also be outdoor activity, digital takeovers at London Underground and National Rail stations, press activity and promoted videos.
Based on the creative concept of "Control the past. Save the future", the national campaign is being fully integrated across a range of marketing and PR activity.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London