Top brands battle it out for Marketing Design Awards
Top brands including BP, Bacardi, Morrisons, Ocado, Reckitt Benckiser, and Pret a Manger went under the microscope in a hotly debated judging day for the Marketing Design Awards 2012.
Marketing Design Awards 2012: entry numbers 20% up on 2011
Entry numbers are up by 20% on last year, reflecting the strength of British creativity in the Olympic and Jubilee year. Despite continued tough trading for designers, with budgets tight and deadlines shorter than ever, the judges commended the standard of work.
Judges considered 120 entries in 16 categories, covering nine product sectors and seven design-use categories, including identity, products launch and rebrand.
The awards were chaired by Red or Dead founder, Wayne Hemingway, with a panel of judges including client companies from Diageo and John Lewis, as well as major design agencies. The judges also considered a Client of the Year award for the client company that embraced bold thinking and delivered brave design.
Leigh Cain, head of design at the Museum of London, said: "It was good to see entries that captured the positive spirit of the Olympics. It is obviously a challenging market and there was work that perhaps played it safe, but there is still work that reflects great design."
Hemingway will be presenting the awards at a gala lunch at Grosvenor House on 7 November.
For more details on the event and to book tickets, go to www.marketingdesignawards.com.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...