Department of Health retains Dare for anti-smoking ad brief
The Department of Health has retained Dare to handle its advertising account for its high-profile anti-smoking campaign.
DoH: Anti-smoking campaign
Dare beat McCann London, Mother, DLKW Lowe, M&C Saatchi and Wieden & Kennedy London in a pitch handled directly by The Department of Health.
The agency has been contracted to the business for a year with the potential to extend for a further two years when the initial contract ends on 31 March 2013. The budget for the campaign will be £800,000.
Government adspend on encouraging the public to stop smoking has fallen considerably under the current administration. Anti-smoking ads were backed with a £26.7 million budget in 2008/09, which dropped to £14.6 million in 2009/10 and just £1.1 million in 2010/11.
Dare, who was the incumbent on the business, launched its most recent work on the campaign in March to explain the dangers of second-hand smoke in cars and in the home.
Dare inherited the account after it merged with MCBD, which had worked on the business since 2007.
Following the closure of COI in March, a new agency roster overseen by the Government Procurement Service will be created.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Agile Programme Manager - Games / Mobile / software development Digital Gurus £55000 - £72000 Per Annum, London