Department of Health retains Dare for anti-smoking ad brief
The Department of Health has retained Dare to handle its advertising account for its high-profile anti-smoking campaign.
DoH: Anti-smoking campaign
Dare beat McCann London, Mother, DLKW Lowe, M&C Saatchi and Wieden & Kennedy London in a pitch handled directly by The Department of Health.
The agency has been contracted to the business for a year with the potential to extend for a further two years when the initial contract ends on 31 March 2013. The budget for the campaign will be £800,000.
Government adspend on encouraging the public to stop smoking has fallen considerably under the current administration. Anti-smoking ads were backed with a £26.7 million budget in 2008/09, which dropped to £14.6 million in 2009/10 and just £1.1 million in 2010/11.
Dare, who was the incumbent on the business, launched its most recent work on the campaign in March to explain the dangers of second-hand smoke in cars and in the home.
Dare inherited the account after it merged with MCBD, which had worked on the business since 2007.
Following the closure of COI in March, a new agency roster overseen by the Government Procurement Service will be created.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...