Marmite to sponsor Oxford Street's Christmas lights
Marmite has signed up to sponsor the Oxford Street Christmas Lights for the first time, and is planning to stage a "love it or hate it" interactive display.
The Unilever-owned spread will create a series of Christmas characters, including elves and a Father Christmas, out of lights.
They will line Oxford Street from Poland Street to Marble Arch, flashing in certain sequences to create an animation effect.
The characters will be depicted either enjoying or hating Marmite when the lights are switched on in London on 5 November.
Marmite is also offering the public the chance to see themselves on a banner screen placed above Selfridges. After turning on the lights, the brand will launch an app on its Facebook page that allows people to upload a picture of themselves wearing an expression of love or hate.
Those taking part will be given an allotted time slot to see their image on the screen. The app will live stream the event for people who are unable to make it to the London venue.
A camera will also be placed in a bus shelter near Bond Street tube station. It will take pictures of the general public that will appear on the screen above Selfridges within three minutes of being taken.
Oxford Street began offering its Christmas lights to sponsors five-years ago. Disney was the first brand to sign up to the scheme.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...