Google introduces cost-per-expansion display ad format
Google has unveiled a new expandable ad format called Lightbox, which advertisers only have to pay for when users engage with it.
Google: introduces lightbox format
The ad unit appears in standard size on a page and expands to a large canvas takeover when a user hovers their cursor over it for more than two seconds.
Google said in a blog post that this product was the first in a new family of ads, which mean that advertisers only pay when a user engages with the ad.
Google already offers a similar costing model through its TrueView ad format for YouTube, which offers users the option of skipping pre-roll advertising after five seconds, with advertisers not having to pay for the slot if the user decides not to watch it.
The internet giant this week unveiled new figures for TrueView, looking at the sales impact during, and two weeks after, 92 different ad campaigns.
Google recently expanded TrueView to mobile. It has not revealed whether Lightbox, which is currently available on desktop, will expand to mobile and tablets.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...