Richard Desmond ups Daily Star Sunday cover price again
Richard Desmond is raising the cover price of the Daily Star Sunday for the second time in four months, from 80p to 90p, making it 40p more expensive than the Sun on Sunday.
Richard Desmond: raises the cover price of the Daily Star Sunday to 90p
The price increase will take effect this Sunday, 7 October. It follows the title's cover price increase in July, from 50p to 80p.
News International has said the Sun on Sunday will continue to be priced at 50p until the end of the year.
The Sunday Mirror, meanwhile, is priced at £1.
Desmond's move comes as he battles to safeguard Daily Star Sunday readers against Rupert Murdoch's marketing-leading Sun on Sunday.
The Daily Star Sunday reported an average audited circulation figure of 439.621 in August, compared to 744,981 a year ago.
The Sun on Sunday reported an average circulation of 2,133,616 in August, while the Sunday Mirror reported a circulation of 1,101,206.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Traffic Manager Source £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...