Ben & Jerry's asks city workers to back 'happy cows' on Twitter
Ben & Jerry's, the Unilever ice-cream brand, will deliver its new Cow Power ice cream to teams of office workers in London who take to Twitter to demand "all cows should be happy cows".
Ben & Jerry's: Cow Power ice cream
Ben & Jerry's will drive a milk float around London on World Animal Day tomorrow (4 October) to raise awareness for its 'Supporting Better Dairy' campaign,
It will visit the offices of people who have tweeted their support for "happy cows", between 9am and 4pm. Individual entrants must tweet, "I believe all cows should be happy cows @benandjerrysUK #cowpower", with the company's hashtag.
The teams that send the most tweets will receive the ice cream.
The 'Supporting Better Dairy' campaign is a joint initiative of Ben & Jerry’s and NGOs Compassion in World Farming and the World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA).
It aims to create recognised standards for dairy cows across Europe.
The new Cow Power ice-cream, which includes cow shaped chocolate chips, will go on sale exclusively in Sainsbury's stores in early October, for a recommended retail rice of £4.49.
It will be available in Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shops from 2013.
Ben & Jerry's, which has a track record in cause-related campaigns, in March changed the name of its Oh My! Apple Pie ice-cream to Apple-y Ever After, in support of the UK's proposal to legislate in favour of gay marriage.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...