VIDEO: What do women really think about Cadbury's Crispello bar?
Marketing took to the streets of Hammersmith to ask the public what they thought of Crispello, Cadbury's new chocolate bar that is firmly targeting the female market.
Kraft-owned Cadbury announced details of the launch this week. It marks the brand's first chocolate bar launch since the 1990s.
The Crispello is a mix of wafer and chocolate and comes wrapped in Cadbury's familiar purple packaging. It contains 165 calories and is targeted specifically at women, supported by a £7m marketing campaign.
The bar has three re-sealable packages, so, as one interviewee points out, "if you just wanted one you could just take it out and save some for later".
On the whole, the women interviewed said the chocolate bar was attractive and tasty, commenting favourably in particular on the purple wrapping.
One interviewee said: "It looks nice. I like the fact that it's shiny purple". Another said: "I like purple, so yeah, it's nice."
When asked whether they would buy the product, the majority of women said that they would.
Follow Georgina Brazier and Ben Hall on Twitter @BRproducers
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Production Manager/ Production Director Premier Media £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Mid-Senior Planner | £50-70K Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London
- Mid Weight PM needed for Liverpool Street agency £32k Digital Gurus £32000 - £34000 per annum, London