Channel 4 to stream Fresh Meat Q&A on Twitter
Channel 4 is using Twitter to promote the start of the new series of 'Fresh Meat' and will host a live-stream question-and-answer session with actors Jack Whitehall and Joe Thomas on the social network tomorrow (9 October).
Fresh Meat: Twitter Q&A with cast members
In activity created by Channel 4’s in-house social media team and OMD UK, Channel 4 will use promoted tweets to get viewers to suggest questions for the cast throughout today and tomorrow.
An exclusive viewing of the new series is taking place tomorrow evening at the Hackney Picture House in London and will be attended by the cast, Channel 4 competition winners, media and friends and family.
After the screening at 8.40pm the broadcaster’s main Twitter page @C4Insider will host a live stream of the Q&A session.
It is only the second time Twitter has hosted a live stream of an event in the UK. The first was a live stream of the première of ‘TinTin’ for Paramount Pictures.
The promoted tweets will target followers of Channel 4’s Twitter pages @C4insider and @comedyon4 as well as followers of the cast members such as Whitehall (@jackwhitehall) and Thomas.
All questions suggested via Twitter using #askfreshmeat over the next 36 hours will be collated and it is expected that 80% of the questions posed at the event will come from the Twitter audience.
The new series of 'Fresh Meat' starts at 10pm tomorrow evening on Channel 4.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Search Manager - fashion retail PFJ £33000 - £37500 per annum + excellent benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...