Smirnoff axes 'Nightlife Exchange'
Smirnoff is scrapping its multimillion-pound 'Nightlife Exchange Project' global experiential activity after just two years.
Smirnoff: dropping activity
Since 2010, the vodka brand held a series of events where cities and countries ‘exchanged’ their nightlife. Last year, the activity was fronted by pop star Madonna, who promoted an online dance competition.
Michelle Klein, vice-president of global marketing communications and digital for Smirnoff, said: "We had two fantastic years with 'Nightlife Exchange'. The question I was being asked was, 'where do you go after Madonna, with the volume sales and equity up?' When you’re on a high, it’s a great time to do a reinvention."
A Diageo insider said the company wanted to switch to an ‘always on’ marketing approach instead of basing activity around one major push.
Smirnoff will now focus solely on a campaign to inspire people to create nightlife experiences, under the fresh global tagline ‘Yours for the making’.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)