Smirnoff axes 'Nightlife Exchange'
Smirnoff is scrapping its multimillion-pound 'Nightlife Exchange Project' global experiential activity after just two years.
Smirnoff: dropping activity
Since 2010, the vodka brand held a series of events where cities and countries ‘exchanged’ their nightlife. Last year, the activity was fronted by pop star Madonna, who promoted an online dance competition.
Michelle Klein, vice-president of global marketing communications and digital for Smirnoff, said: "We had two fantastic years with 'Nightlife Exchange'. The question I was being asked was, 'where do you go after Madonna, with the volume sales and equity up?' When you’re on a high, it’s a great time to do a reinvention."
A Diageo insider said the company wanted to switch to an ‘always on’ marketing approach instead of basing activity around one major push.
Smirnoff will now focus solely on a campaign to inspire people to create nightlife experiences, under the fresh global tagline ‘Yours for the making’.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London