Smirnoff axes 'Nightlife Exchange'
Smirnoff is scrapping its multimillion-pound 'Nightlife Exchange Project' global experiential activity after just two years.
Smirnoff: dropping activity
Since 2010, the vodka brand held a series of events where cities and countries ‘exchanged’ their nightlife. Last year, the activity was fronted by pop star Madonna, who promoted an online dance competition.
Michelle Klein, vice-president of global marketing communications and digital for Smirnoff, said: "We had two fantastic years with 'Nightlife Exchange'. The question I was being asked was, 'where do you go after Madonna, with the volume sales and equity up?' When you’re on a high, it’s a great time to do a reinvention."
A Diageo insider said the company wanted to switch to an ‘always on’ marketing approach instead of basing activity around one major push.
Smirnoff will now focus solely on a campaign to inspire people to create nightlife experiences, under the fresh global tagline ‘Yours for the making’.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)