Smirnoff axes 'Nightlife Exchange'
Smirnoff is scrapping its multimillion-pound 'Nightlife Exchange Project' global experiential activity after just two years.
Smirnoff: dropping activity
Since 2010, the vodka brand held a series of events where cities and countries ‘exchanged’ their nightlife. Last year, the activity was fronted by pop star Madonna, who promoted an online dance competition.
Michelle Klein, vice-president of global marketing communications and digital for Smirnoff, said: "We had two fantastic years with 'Nightlife Exchange'. The question I was being asked was, 'where do you go after Madonna, with the volume sales and equity up?' When you’re on a high, it’s a great time to do a reinvention."
A Diageo insider said the company wanted to switch to an ‘always on’ marketing approach instead of basing activity around one major push.
Smirnoff will now focus solely on a campaign to inspire people to create nightlife experiences, under the fresh global tagline ‘Yours for the making’.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London