Gaming publisher launches first Xbox Live app
IGN Entertainment, the computer gaming media company, is today launching its first app on the Xbox Live platform in the UK after a launch in the US.
IGN: launches first Xbox Live app
The IGN app will offer Xbox Live Gold subscribers access to gaming-related content, including live streams of game presentations and industry events such as E3 and the IPL, IGN’s pro-gaming league.
Xbox users will also be able to access game walkthroughs, previews and a catalogue of IGN shows including 'The Daily Fix'.
An IGN spokesperson claims the app is the first gaming publication app to be hosted on the Xbox Live platform in the UK. Ad sales will be split between Microsoft and IGN.
Rich Keen, international publishing director at IGN Entertainment, said the app will offer "the very best of our global video content with a local flavour" straight from user’s televisions.
Keen said: "IGN’s mission is to reach gamers wherever they are, across all platforms, services and devices."
Rohan Oommen, general manager at Xbox Live EMEA, said: "We’re seeing usage of video, TV and film apps on Xbox Live increase 140% year on year."
The IGN app is available on Xbox Live in the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the US, with further countries to follow over the coming year.
Other apps that are set to launch in Europe include Absolute Radio in the UK, Sport1 in Germany and TV3 in Spain.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)