AOP Summit: Spotify chief denies Coca-Cola stake talks
Spotify's UK chief has denied rumours that the site is in negotiations to sell a stake in the company to Coca-Cola.
Spotify: managing director denies Coca-Cola stake talks
It was reported yesterday that Coca-Cola is in the early stage of discussions to buy a stake in the online music streaming site.
It follows a strategic partnership between the two companies announced in April, which includes Spotify providing the technology for Coca-Cola’s music activity and Coca-Cola integrating Spotify into its Facebook timeline.
At the AOP summit today (12 October), Marketing asked Chris Maples, managing director at Spotify UK, if such a move would compromise to site's ability to attract advertising from other brands.
Maples said: "I would never agree to do anything that would compromise our ability to do stuff with brands. First off, there is no founding in this rumour and we don't know where it came from. We have a great partnership with Coke [...] and we continue to work with other beverage brands."
Earlier in the panel session, discussing the future of ad sales, Maples said Spotify was spending "most of [its] time doing interesting brand partnerships" and talking direct to agencies.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Senior Account Executive fishtank Up to 24,000, United Kingdom
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...