Nestlé sends KitKat into space for Felix Baumgartner
Nestlé sent a KitKat into space this weekend in order to show support for Felix Baumgartner ahead of his skydive from the edge of space.
The Break from Gravity project saw the four-fingered chocolate bar sent to a height of 22 miles after beginning its ascent from Cambridgeshire at 11.20am on Saturday (13 October).
JWT London conceived the campaign as a way of keeping Baumgartner’s "spirits high" ahead of yesterday’s skydive, which saw him jump from a balloon 24 miles above New Mexico and break the sound barrier in the process.
Baumgartner had been preparing for the record-breaking skydive, which was sponsored by Red Bull, for five years and in the lead-up to yesterday’s jump the mission had to be delayed several times to await the perfect conditions.
The activity by KitKat is designed to fit in with the brand’s "have a break" strategy and saw camera footage shared via the brand’s social media channels.
Footage was posted on the KitKat Facebook page and on Twitter, where users were encouraged to use the hashtag #breakfromgravity.
Creative directors for the campaign were Barry Christie and Jason Berry.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...