Gyro London appoints Mike Shackle as executive creative director
Gyro has appointed Mike Shackle as executive creative director of its London office, replacing Ian Kerrigan who leaves next month.
Mike Shackle: executive creative director, Gyro London
Shackle joins the agency from Deutsch NY, where he was executive creative director. At Gyro he will report to ChristophBecker, global chief executive and chief commercial officer, based in New York. Shackle will take responsibility of running the London office alongside Nick Jefferson, the agency's new managing director who joined last month.
Shackle will be responsible for the creative department of 20 staff, which has been cut in half over the past two years, and with more than 20 years experience, he will aim to bolster the agency’s creative offering, working across all Gyro London’s accounts that include Virgin Atlantic and HP.
Shackle replaces Ian Kerrigan who leaves the agency after nearly three years to pursue "personal projects". Kerrigan was responsible for running the agency alongside managing director Claire Wright last year. Subsequently Wright left the agency after seven months in the role.
Prior to working at Deutsch NY, Shackle worked at BBH New York as executive creative director and TBWA Singapore as creative director. He has also worked at Y&R/Enfatico Beijing where he won the agency’s first Cannes Lions and D&AD.
Jefferson said: "Mike is a true creative leader. As a Brit who has lived and worked in Asia, North America and Europe, he brings a truly international perspective to our global network. With Mike, Gyro London will reach its next level in its unstoppable pursuit of creative innovation and thought leadership for our clients."
Shackle said: "In this day and age, it's even more important than ever to create work that ignites real human emotions. After working in Asia and the States, it's exciting to come home to join an agency that has that belief ingrained into its DNA."Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £65000.00 per annum + benefits, City of London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...