Hearst appoints Discovery Network's Turnbull as replacement for Macleod Smith
Hearst Magazines has appointed Amanda Turnbull as group publishing director of Esquire and Harper's Bazaar, replacing Tess Macleod Smith who left last year to join Net-a-Porter.
Amanda Turnbull: group publishing director at Esquire and Harper's Bazaar
Turnbull will take up her new role at the start of next year.
Anna Jones, chief operating officer, has been overseeing the publishing duties at Esquire and Harper’s Bazaar since Macleod Smith departed. Jones will now solely continue in her role as chief operating officer.
Turnbull has 10 years' experience in senior sales and management roles at Hachette Filipacchi in Asia Pacific, where she had responsibility for brands including Elle.
She is currently working at Discovery Networks as director of integrated marketing and commercial partnerships.
In her new role, Turnbull will report to Jones.
Esquire has held up well in the context of a tough circulation market. Its latest ABCs (Audit Bureau of Circulations) figures reveal a circulation of 54,702 in the first half of 2012, compared to 54,548 in 2005.
Harper’s Bazaar has also bucked circulation trends. In the first six months of 2012, its circulation was 119,274, growing from 100, 102 in 2005.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...