Mastercard appoints Visa Europe's Neil Henderson for top UK comms role
Mastercard has raided rival Visa to bring in a UK comms head, as part of a move to beef up its approach to PR.
Neil Henderson: Moving to Mastercard
Neil Henderson has been brought in to take on the role of head of comms for UK and Ireland. He joins from Visa Europe, where he had been head of media for just four months.
This follows the departure of Doyel Maitra, who left earlier this month to pursue other opportunities, although it was suggested the role had now been given greater responsibilities following her departure.
A source told PRWeek: ‘The sheer volume of comms is increasing, with more announcements and sponsorships, so Mastercard is beefing up the whole operation across Europe.’
Before joining Visa, Henderson worked an eight-month stint heading GolinHarris’ media division. Visa brought in Henderson as it geared up for a comms drive around its partnership with the Olympic Games.
Henderson will report to senior vice-president, group head, comms Europe, Rose Beaumont.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London