Gap reviews international creative and media
Gap, the high-street clothing retailer, has approached agencies about its international advertising and media accounts.
Gap: O&M and PHD handle advertising and media respectively
It is understood that the review will not affect Gap’s key North American market, where the bulk of the brand’s spend is focused. The creative business is handled by Ogilvy & Mather, while PHD looks after media.
The review coincides with a restructure of Gap’s global brand management, which saw its North American, international, online, outlet and franchise divisions brought together under a single global executive for each of its Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy brands.
The retailer launched a global marketing campaign in August last year in a bid to expand its presence in world markets. The predominantly digital "1969 LA and beyond" campaign, created by O&M, told the story of Gap’s denim studio in Los Angeles and how its products are worn in different cities around the world.
Gap has also previously worked with Crispin Porter & Bogusky, which was responsible for a 2009 Christmas campaign called "holiday cheer" that encouraged people to connect with the brand.
PHD retained the $300 million consolidated global media account at the end of 2010. It is expected to repitch for the business.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)