The Red Brick Road in ownership rethink
The Red Brick Road's remaining founders are in talks over its future ownership after changes to the shape of the independent shop's management team.
Paul Hammersley: The Red Brick Road co-founder
Staff at the agency, which earlier this year lost the £110 million Tesco account to Wieden & Kennedy, were told this week that Paul Hammersley, the co-founder and managing partner, and David Hackworthy, the strategy partner, have handed over the agency's reins to David Miller, the managing director.
It is expected that the ownership of The Red Brick Road, which has clients including Magners and Suzuki, will change. Sources predict a buyout of Hammersley, Hackworthy and other shareholders by four of the senior management team who have worked at the agency since Ruby was folded in last year. However, an outcome is not expected for up to six weeks.
Miller, who co-founded Ruby in 2008, will continue to run the agency on a day-to-day basis, but will be joined by the former Ruby partners Matt Davies, Richard Megson and Ben Mitchell.
The creative department is now overseen by Davies and Megson, who previously worked on the same level as the other creative partners, Sam Cartmell and Jason Lawes. Mitchell will assume control of the planning department from Hackworthy.
For now, Hammersley, Hackworthy, Cartmell and Lawes will remain at the agency but focus on client work.
Earlier this year, the co-founder and chairman Paul Weinberger announced his resignation. Sir Frank Lowe, another co-founder, left in December 2009.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...