Michael Barrett tipped to leave Yahoo
Yahoo is reportedly losing Michael Barrett, chief revenue officer, in yet another change at the top of the business.
Michael Barrett: chief revenue officer, Yahoo
Barrett was hired in June by Ross Levinsohn, interim chief executive, prior to the appoitment of Marissa Mayer as chief executive. He is responsible for Yahoo's ad revenue and operations in the Americas, EMEA and APAC regions.
Barrett joined Yahoo from Google’s Admeld, where he was chief executive. He has also worked with Levinsohn at Fox Interactive Media.
According to several US reports, Barrett’s departure, which has been touted since Levinsohn left the business, became more certain when Mayer appointed Google executive Henrique de Castro as its new chief operating officer this week, with sales moving into his remit.
Yahoo said it could not confirm his departure.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London