Pandora to sponsor Girls Aloud greatest hits tour
Pandora, the jewellery brand, has been named the official sponsor of the forthcoming Girls Aloud tour, which was announced this afternoon.
Girls Aloud: greatest hits tour to be sponsored by jewellery brand Pandora
The 'Girls Aloud Ten, the Hits Tour 2013', marks 10 years since the girl group formed and will take place between February and March next year.
As part of the brand partnership, each band member has designed their own Pandora charm bracelet, intended to reflect their personality. They will be promoted in Pandora stores nationwide.
The deal includes product placement for the bracelets, with the pop stars wearing their individual bangle in a cover photo and music video for their new single 'Something New'.
The partnership was conceived by creative content company Gravity Road and Pandora's media agency Cream. This is a diversion for the brand, which has largely done press, TV, cinema, outdoor and advertising in the past.
They will also be creating short films in which the band members discuss their lives, families and special memories. During the shorts, they will discuss their Pandora bracelets.
In addition to the content, members of Pandora's online loyalty scheme will have the opportunity to purchase tickets to the tour 48 hours before the general release. Anyone who signs up to the scheme during this two-day window will automatically be entered into a prize draw to meet the band and receive a free bracelet.
Pandora did not disclose the sum it paid for the sponsorship deal.
Peter Andresen, president of Western Europe for Pandora, said the partnership is the first of its kind for the company.
"We hope the activity throughout our stockists and on our website will capture the excitement of the reunion and allow fans to share their experiences and memories of Girls Aloud."Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...