Grant's Whisky to sponsor ITV4 programming
Grant's, the family-owned blended Scotch whisky brand, has signed a six-figure, year-long deal to sponsor a package of programming on ITV4.
Grant's Whisky: sponsoring ITV4 programming including 'Minder'
As part of the deal, which was negotiated by The Village Communications, Grant's will sponsor ITV4 between 11am and 3am, under the strapline, "Grant's Whisky sponsors TV of Character on ITV4".
Programmes expected to air during the slot include classic UK dramas such as 'Minder', 'The Saint' and 'The Professionals', as well as comedy and factual content.
It marks a return to ITV sponsorship for Grant's after its association with 'Piers Morgan's Life Stories' in 2011.
A spokesman for Grant's Whisky said: "ITV4 provides us with the ideal platform to reach our target consumers and shoppers alike.
"The campaign offers fantastic reach against our current core male demographic and the programming is perfectly suited for Grant's, a brand with a rich and interesting character itself."
The sponsorship starts today (22 October) and the idents have been made by Fin.
Adam Mitchell, sponsorship activation manager at ITV, said: "The partnership is a great fit and will enable the brand to communicate with their target audience on a daily basis."
Grant's Whisky is owned by William Grant & Sons and claims to be Scotland's oldest family-owned blended whisky, and has been in the same family for five generations
Previous marketing activity from Grant's has included an 'After Hours Club' website, created by Geronimo, which tried to develop brand loyalty by targeting hobbies associated with whisky drinkers, such as gardening and classical music.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London