Mathew Horne tells cinema goers to 'CoppaFeel!' in breast cancer awareness ad
Archibald Ingall Stretton has recruited 'Gavin and Stacey' star Mathew Horne in a new campaign that instructs cinema goers to give their "boobs" some attention for breast cancer charity CoppaFeel.
The ad features a black screen, over which Horne states: "Oi, oi! The lights are down. It's the perfect time for a quickie. Right, stop fiddling with your popcorn and put your hands to good use. G'on – give your boobs some attention. CoppaFeel!"
The ad reveals the reason for Horne's instructions, with the line, "The better you know them, the more likely you'll notice when something changes."
The ad follows last year's "Hello Boobs" campaign that parodied the iconic Wonderbra campaign. The ad will be played in 500 cinemas across the UK.
The charity, which is aimed at young people, promotes the early detection of breast cancer through education about its signs and symptoms, encouraging people to check regularly and seek medical advice when concerns arise.
Kris Hallenga, founder and chief executive of CoppaFeel!, said: "We're constantly pushing the boundaries of awareness and education, and this is yet another great way to get people thinking about their boobs and reminding them to check them regularly.
"The only way we can make boob-checking part of everyday routine is by integrating messages like this into everyday life. Mat Horne was the perfect guy, with the perfect voice, to deliver this potentially lifesaving message in a cheeky yet credible way, which we hope will leave a lasting impression on everyone watching movies at the cinema during the campaign period."
Copywriter Kieran Ainsworth worked on the ad, with art director Leanne Holloway and planner Adele Meer. Production company Rorschach worked on the campaign, with media planning and buying handled by Arena Media.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Bar Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP19000 - GBP30000 per annum, Gloucestershire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...