Vevo hires former C4 digital chief Errol Baran as commercial director
Vevo, the music video site, has hired Errol Baran, former head of future and digital media advertising at Channel 4, as its new commercial director.
Errol Baran: joins Vevo
Baran worked at Channel 4 for 11 years. Under his leadership it became the first major broadcaster to develop a range of different digital ad formats and he led its on-demand advertising deal with Virgin Media. He left in December last year amid a restructure of the sales team.
He fills the commercial director role left vacant after a restructure at Vevo last July, which led to the departure of Jonathan Lewis, UK managing director, and Jon Lewin, commercial director. Lewis now works at Baran’s previous employer Channel 4 as head of digital and partnership innovation, a role formed by the restructure.
Baran start at the business today, reporting into Nic Jones, senior vice president, international, Vevo, who runs the UK operation.
Jones told Media Week: "Errol is a fabulous hire and his track record at Channel 4 speaks for itself."
Vevo, which launched 18 months ago, has struck commercial deals with brands including Unilever’s Lynx, HSBC and Magners, in the UK.
Jones said that the main focus for Vevo now is expanding the business to more international markets.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)