Ofcom opens another X Factor investigation
ITV's 'X Factor' is being investigated by broadcasting regulator Ofcom over claims that the first live show of the current series gave undue prominence to the Corinthia Hotel.
The X Factor judges: Louis Walsh, Tulisa Contostavlos, Nicole Scherzinger and Gary Barlow
The investigation is looking into segments of the first live episode of 'The X Factor' on 6 October and will consider whether the shots of the entrance to the Corinthia Hotel gave the luxury hotel undue prominence.
Before each of the contestants sang live for the first time, ITV aired short videos about each of the contenders and a shot of the outside of the hotel, which featured its logo, was used to introduce their new home to the viewers.
This is the first year the contestants have lived in a hotel rather than being put up in a house together.
The Corinthia Hotel has not paid to be featured in the show.
Ofcom is already investigating whether two auditions, one of an impersonation of Britney Spears and another a rendition of a Lady Gaga song, breached the Broadcasting Code.
An ITV spokeswoman said: "As in previous series where the contestants have been filmed living in a house, shots of the Corinthia were used where appropriate to the editorial content."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1