Programme director Jeff Ford steps down from Channel 5
Jeff Ford, Channel 5 director of programmes, has resigned from his position at the Richard Desmond-owned broadcaster.
Jeff Ford: resigning from his role as director of programmes at Channel 5
He is expected to leave his full-time role on 1 December.
Ford said: "Since the acquisition of the channel by Northern and Shell in 2010, Channel 5 has once again found its voice. I am leaving the brand in a far better place with programmes that viewers talk about and truly engage with."
He joined Channel 5 in 2008 from Channel 4, where he was director of acquisitions. The channel’s then chief executive Dawn Airey recruited him as director of digital channels and he was promoted to his current role in 2010, following the departure of Richard Woolfe.
Ford had been credited with the acquisition of 'Big Brother' and its spin-off 'Celebrity Big Brother', and also with the return of 'Dallas' to UK screens, by broadcasting the new series of the soap opera.
He had previously worked at Channel 5 as director of acquisitions between 1997 and 2005. Prior to that, he had held positions at both ITV and the BBC.
Channel 5 was bought by Desmond, who owns the Daily Star, Daily Express and OK! Magazine, for £104m in July 2010.
The early days of Desmond's tender at Channel 5 included a number of senior departures, with Airey and Mark White, managing director of the channel, leaving.
Earlier this month, Andy Atkinson, joint head of trading at the broadcaster, left with less than two years in the role.Follow @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...