Barnardo's reviews 'passive' brand positioning
Children's charity Barnardo's is rethinking its 'Believe in children' brand positioning, in a drive to be more aggressive in its fundraising.
Barnardo's: reviewing brand positioning
It is understood that the charity's chief executive, Anne-Marie Carrie, is reviewing the line because it is deemed 'too passive' to describe the hard-hitting, frontline work Barnardo's carries out protecting children from poverty and abuse.
Carrie is understood to be keen to get back to the roots of the charity, and the beliefs of its founder, Dr Thomas Barnardo, which state that every child deserves the best start in life.
Barnardo's told Marketing it is working on a fresh strategic plan for 2013-16, but denied it was working on a new strapline.
The charity runs more than 800 projects in the UK, working with more than 200,000 children and young people across its fostering and adoption services, sexual-exploitation teams, support services for young carers and help for children living in poverty.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...