Barnardo's reviews 'passive' brand positioning
Children's charity Barnardo's is rethinking its 'Believe in children' brand positioning, in a drive to be more aggressive in its fundraising.
Barnardo's: reviewing brand positioning
It is understood that the charity's chief executive, Anne-Marie Carrie, is reviewing the line because it is deemed 'too passive' to describe the hard-hitting, frontline work Barnardo's carries out protecting children from poverty and abuse.
Carrie is understood to be keen to get back to the roots of the charity, and the beliefs of its founder, Dr Thomas Barnardo, which state that every child deserves the best start in life.
Barnardo's told Marketing it is working on a fresh strategic plan for 2013-16, but denied it was working on a new strapline.
The charity runs more than 800 projects in the UK, working with more than 200,000 children and young people across its fostering and adoption services, sexual-exploitation teams, support services for young carers and help for children living in poverty.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London