Jagermeister to attempt 'world's coldest gig' in Siberia
Jagermeister, the herbal liqueur, is attempting to earn a place in the Guinness World Records by hosting the world's coldest ever gig.
Jagermeister: Charlie Simpson to play in coldest ever gig
The ‘Jagermeister Ice Cold Gig’ will be played in Oymyakon, Siberia by British rock star Charlie Simpson, next month (24 November).
Simpson, a former member of now defunct boyband Busted, has been involved with the brand for a number of years as part of its Jagermusic programme. Launched in 2003, it supports signed and unsigned rock bands in the UK.
The gig activity is being supported by PR and social media support, driving awareness of Jagermeister and its ice cold serve amongst the brand's audience of music lovers, as well its core 20-30 year old consumers.
Nicole Goodwin, Jagermeister UK group marketing manager, said: 'This is certainly the most extreme music event we’ve ever organised. The Jagermeister Ice Cold Gig will be fundamental in driving awareness amongst consumers in the lead up to Christmas.'
The Russian town of Oymyakon holds the record for the lowest temperature ever recorded in a populated area on earth - minus 72° centigrade. With just a population of 472, no running water or electricity, it is so remote that it takes up to four days to reach from the UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Email Marketing and CRM Executive Brand Recruitment £23000 per annum + excellent benefits, Milton Keynes