Jagermeister to attempt 'world's coldest gig' in Siberia
Jagermeister, the herbal liqueur, is attempting to earn a place in the Guinness World Records by hosting the world's coldest ever gig.
Jagermeister: Charlie Simpson to play in coldest ever gig
The ‘Jagermeister Ice Cold Gig’ will be played in Oymyakon, Siberia by British rock star Charlie Simpson, next month (24 November).
Simpson, a former member of now defunct boyband Busted, has been involved with the brand for a number of years as part of its Jagermusic programme. Launched in 2003, it supports signed and unsigned rock bands in the UK.
The gig activity is being supported by PR and social media support, driving awareness of Jagermeister and its ice cold serve amongst the brand's audience of music lovers, as well its core 20-30 year old consumers.
Nicole Goodwin, Jagermeister UK group marketing manager, said: 'This is certainly the most extreme music event we’ve ever organised. The Jagermeister Ice Cold Gig will be fundamental in driving awareness amongst consumers in the lead up to Christmas.'
The Russian town of Oymyakon holds the record for the lowest temperature ever recorded in a populated area on earth - minus 72° centigrade. With just a population of 472, no running water or electricity, it is so remote that it takes up to four days to reach from the UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...