IAB Engage: easyJet to introduce mobile boarding passes
EasyJet is aiming to become the first low-cost airline to introduce mobile boarding passes as part of "re-engineering" its business to adapt to consumers' mobile adoption, according to marketing director Peter Duffy.
EasyJet marketing director Peter Duffy
Duffy admitted to the IAB Engage audience that only 12 months ago the airline had not been looking at what was happening in mobile, but it was now doing so "in a very serious way".
"There is nothing short of a revolution going on [in mobile]," he said, before revealing that the medium accounted for 7% of traffic to easyjet.com in August. "The growth curve is linear [...] and it over-indexes for short domestic routes."
Mobile boarding passes will be introduced in the second quarter of 2013, but Duffy indicated the company's ambitions were greater.
"We are now looking at how we can use the [easyJet] app to deliver customer information. I find it incredible that customers have these powerful phones but we deliver information over the tannoy."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London