ExxonMobil green fuel marketer Nicholas Mockford killed in Brussels attack
Nicholas Mockford, head of marketing for interim technologies for ExxonMobile Chemicals, Europe, has been killed in Brussels.
ExxonMobil: green fuel marketer Nicholas Mockford killed in Belgium
Mockford, 60, who promoted new types of green fuels for the company, was shot dead in front of his wife on Sunday 14 October, according to The Daily Telegraph.
He was shot three times as he and his wife left a restaurant in Neder-over-Heembeek, a suburb in the city. His wife was beaten but left alive.
One family member told The Daily Telegraph they believed Mockford had been killed in a professional hit.
Belgian police have imposed a news blackout and the Belgian prosecutor's office was unable to give any explanation or details about the killing, or its investigation
Mockford was born in Leicestershire and had worked for ExxonMobile since the 1970s. He is survived by his wife and three children from his previous marriage.
A spokesman for ExxonMobil said: "We were shocked by the tragic death of Nick Mockford, one of our employees, a fortnight ago on Sunday 14 October, in Brussels.
"Mr Mockford, a British national, was a department manager at our office close to Brussels, but we have no indication that the incident was work related.
"Our thoughts are with his family, friends and colleagues and we are supporting them as best we can at this very difficult time."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...