EasyJet signs up as official airline of Mobo awards
EasyJet has signed a sponsorship deal to become the official airline partner of Mobo, the urban music brand, for the next three years.
Mobo: signs deal with easyJet
EasyJet said it will be running a series of marketing activities over the course of its sponsorship, which includes advertising across Mobo’s homepage. The carrier will also be able to use Mobo footage within its marketing messaging.
To kick off the activity, easyJet is running a competition for consumers to join boy-band JLS on a special flight from London Gatwick to Liverpool Airport for this year’s awards ceremony at the city’s Echo Arena on Saturday 3 November.
EasyJet joins sponsors HTC and PRS for Music, a society of songwriters, composers and music publishers that aims to promote and protect the value of music copyright.
Paul Simmons, UK commercial manager, easyJet, said: "Liverpool was one of the first easyJet bases that we launched back in 1997 and we’re fully committed to the city and developing the opportunities this presents us.
"The awards ceremony promises to be a spectacular showcase of international talent and diversity and we’re extremely happy that easyJet is playing a part in bringing the event to Liverpool, a city with such a rich musical heritage and helping to make it a success."
The news comes in the wake of easyJet beating Virgin Atlantic to the London-Moscow route slots freed up by British Airways’ takeover of BMI. The low-cost carrier was last night chosen by the Civil Aviation Authority to fly the route alongside BA as it offers a "distinctly different product" for the market.
Virgin Atlantic called the decision "short sighted" and is reviewing the report, but has not yet said whether it will take legal action against the decision.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...