Guinness unveils digital brand experience
Diageo has revamped its Guinness Storehouse to create an "immersive digital brand experience", as part of a €10m overhaul of Ireland's most-visited tourist attraction.
Guinness Storehouse: digital revamp
Devised by Tribal DDB, which has worked on the project since the beginning of the year, the Dublin exhibition now boasts the world's largest high-definition interactive screen. Users can now create and leave a personalised message on the screen, share it online and connect with friends and the Guinness brand on Facebook.
The new digital space - situated on the fourth floor of the brewery building - includes a giant Guinness infographic wall that gives visitors the chance to explore and play while learning more about Guinness. The area has also been fitted with iPad kiosks for visitors to interact with on the giant screens.
Lisa Fitzsimons, marketing manager at Guinness Storehouse, said: "This is just the first phase of a €10m investment in our attraction which will see even more ground breaking technology integrated into the building in the next three years."
Tom Roberts, managing director of Tribal DDB London, added: "What we have created on the fourth floor is the first step in helping Guinness connect the real world experience of tourists in the Storehouse with the wider digital world."
Roberts added that the social media installations transformed the Storehouse "from an Irish experience" into a "global" one.
With 1.2m visitors every year, the Guinness Storehouse is Ireland's most-visited tourist attraction. Earlier this year it was visited by the Queen and Prince Philip.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...