Guinness unveils digital brand experience
Diageo has revamped its Guinness Storehouse to create an "immersive digital brand experience", as part of a €10m overhaul of Ireland's most-visited tourist attraction.
Guinness Storehouse: digital revamp
Devised by Tribal DDB, which has worked on the project since the beginning of the year, the Dublin exhibition now boasts the world's largest high-definition interactive screen. Users can now create and leave a personalised message on the screen, share it online and connect with friends and the Guinness brand on Facebook.
The new digital space - situated on the fourth floor of the brewery building - includes a giant Guinness infographic wall that gives visitors the chance to explore and play while learning more about Guinness. The area has also been fitted with iPad kiosks for visitors to interact with on the giant screens.
Lisa Fitzsimons, marketing manager at Guinness Storehouse, said: "This is just the first phase of a €10m investment in our attraction which will see even more ground breaking technology integrated into the building in the next three years."
Tom Roberts, managing director of Tribal DDB London, added: "What we have created on the fourth floor is the first step in helping Guinness connect the real world experience of tourists in the Storehouse with the wider digital world."
Roberts added that the social media installations transformed the Storehouse "from an Irish experience" into a "global" one.
With 1.2m visitors every year, the Guinness Storehouse is Ireland's most-visited tourist attraction. Earlier this year it was visited by the Queen and Prince Philip.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire