My Wardrobe to ditch menswear offering
Online retailer My Wardrobe.com is reportedly ditching its menswear offering next year as part of plans to focus on its international expansion.
My Wardrobe.com: reported to be dropping its menswear offering
Menswear brands are being contacted to explain the shift in strategy that will be rolled out from spring of next year, according to Drapers.
The menswear brands currently sold by My Wardrobe include Barbour, Belstaff and Folk.
It is understood the five-strong menswear team, which is headed by buying manager Lee Douros, will leave My Wardrobe over the next three to four months.
The news of My Wardrobe dropping its menswear offering to focus on expansion into Germany and the US comes as British fashion retailer Jack Wills drops its Aubin & Wills sister brand in order to invest in growing its business overseas.
David Worby, chief executive at My Wardrobe, said the retailer would now focus on its heartland womenswear ranges, because they were the areas that would make a difference to the business.
British retail brands are increasingly seeking to grow sales in online markets to offset slow growth in Britain.
Asos recently saw sales rise 38% to £538m for its financial year, with UK sales up 10% to £205m and international sales rocketing 64% to £333m.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...