East Coast trains poaches First Direct's Cowen for top marketing role
East Coast Mainline, the Government-owned rail operator, has poached former First Direct head of brand and communications Natalie Cowen to head up its marketing.
East Coast: Vic Reeves stars in TV campaign
Cowen fills East Coast's top marketing position of head of marketing, which has been vacant since Rob Payne left earlier this year.
East Coast Main Line is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Directly Operated Railways (DOR), which comes under the remit of Patrick McLoughlin, the secretary of state for transport.
Cowen held the role of head of brand and communications at First Direct from 2010.
The internet-based banking brand said Lisa Wood, its head of marketing, would oversee Cowen's duties while a permanent replacement was sought.
While at First Direct, Cowen led the development of digital marketing and the overhaul of First Direct's website, in a bid to increase the brand's online dialogue with consumers.
In September last year, First Direct's former head of marketing Mark Mullen returned to the bank to become its chief executive.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Digital Payments Solutions Strategy Manager Stopgap £45000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Experiential Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, London
- Online Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Brand Manager - Innovation Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, Midlands
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, North London