Tesco culls New Covent Garden Soups
Tesco has axed New Covent Garden Soup Co from its shelves, 12 months after the supermarket launched its own chilled soup.
New Covent Garden Soup Co: product range delisted by Tesco
Tesco today (29 October) confirmed that it had delisted the product, saying "we regularly review our range to reflect changes in the products our customers buy."
The delisting comes as New Covent Garden Soup Co has come under increased pressure from supermarket own-label ranges.
Tesco launched its own-label New York Soup Co a year ago, which is has expanded in recent weeks.
The news will come as a blow to the New Covent Garden Soup Co, a pioneer in fresh soup.
According to Nielsen, sales of New Covent Garden Soups were £54.7m in the year ending 2011, the second most-popular soup in the country behind Heinz, the market leader, with sales of £176.9m.
New Covent Garden Soup Co recently revamped its packaging and is launching a campaign, including TV ads, later this month.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London