Tesco culls New Covent Garden Soups
Tesco has axed New Covent Garden Soup Co from its shelves, 12 months after the supermarket launched its own chilled soup.
New Covent Garden Soup Co: product range delisted by Tesco
Tesco today (29 October) confirmed that it had delisted the product, saying "we regularly review our range to reflect changes in the products our customers buy."
The delisting comes as New Covent Garden Soup Co has come under increased pressure from supermarket own-label ranges.
Tesco launched its own-label New York Soup Co a year ago, which is has expanded in recent weeks.
The news will come as a blow to the New Covent Garden Soup Co, a pioneer in fresh soup.
According to Nielsen, sales of New Covent Garden Soups were £54.7m in the year ending 2011, the second most-popular soup in the country behind Heinz, the market leader, with sales of £176.9m.
New Covent Garden Soup Co recently revamped its packaging and is launching a campaign, including TV ads, later this month.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA