Diageo seeks greater marketing creativity with 'Shooting for 10' philosophy
Diageo is attempting to transform its marketing creativity through an ambitious global drive called 'Shooting for 10'.
Diageo: new creative startegy for its Smirnoff vodka brand
Overseen by chief marketing officer Andy Fennell, the programme bears similarities to Unilever's 'Crafting brands for life' initiative, which aimed to foster a 'more magic, less logic' approach to marketing.
Fennell has, in the past, spoken of the need for marketers to take risks and not settle for 'sevens [out of 10]'.
One observer said it would result in creative development and briefing becoming less prescriptive and 'more of a dynamic creative debate'. Another claimed: 'No work will run unless it is deemed 10/10'.
Diageo has given marketers additional responsibilities as 'creative leaders' across their brands, and is briefing agencies on the philosophy.
It is also overhauling its 'Diageo Way of Brand Building' programme, a marketing toolkit created in 1999, to better reflect today's challenges. Roster agencies are being briefed on the changes.
A spokeswoman for the company said 'Shooting for 10' was not a 'formal initiative' but rather a goal to 'galvanise the marketing teams'.
It aimed to 'give marketers something to "stand behind" and get them to work out the best way to "shoot for a 10"', she added.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London