Diageo seeks greater marketing creativity with 'Shooting for 10' philosophy
Diageo is attempting to transform its marketing creativity through an ambitious global drive called 'Shooting for 10'.
Diageo: new creative startegy for its Smirnoff vodka brand
Overseen by chief marketing officer Andy Fennell, the programme bears similarities to Unilever's 'Crafting brands for life' initiative, which aimed to foster a 'more magic, less logic' approach to marketing.
Fennell has, in the past, spoken of the need for marketers to take risks and not settle for 'sevens [out of 10]'.
One observer said it would result in creative development and briefing becoming less prescriptive and 'more of a dynamic creative debate'. Another claimed: 'No work will run unless it is deemed 10/10'.
Diageo has given marketers additional responsibilities as 'creative leaders' across their brands, and is briefing agencies on the philosophy.
It is also overhauling its 'Diageo Way of Brand Building' programme, a marketing toolkit created in 1999, to better reflect today's challenges. Roster agencies are being briefed on the changes.
A spokeswoman for the company said 'Shooting for 10' was not a 'formal initiative' but rather a goal to 'galvanise the marketing teams'.
It aimed to 'give marketers something to "stand behind" and get them to work out the best way to "shoot for a 10"', she added.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire