Barclaycard prepares Bespoke Offers digital deals service
Barclaycard is to launch a digital reward and offers scheme called Barclaycard Bespoke Offers, six months after ending its Freedom loyalty programme.
Barclaycard: preparing Bespoke Offers deals service
Barclaycard aims to target the wider market with deals and offers tailored to consumers' age, income and spending behaviour. The payment brand is in the process of signing up partner businesses via a dedicated merchant portal, ahead of an expected launch next year.
Barclays and Barclaycard consumers wishing to participate will be required to sign up for the service to use their data, and be asked to provide information on their interests. Non-cardholders will also to be able to sign up once the service is live.
It is understood that the scheme will use the tagline 'For everyone, from Barclaycard.'
A Barclaycard spokeswoman said: 'We believe there is a big opportunity in the offers space, with merchants' and consumers' needs not being met by current suppliers.
'We are looking to launch a service open to any merchant in the UK which will meet these needs. Unlike other daily deal services, the merchant will be in control, able to target offers, drive business goals and measure the results.'
The credit-card company scrapped Freedom, which allowed users to accrue points by spending money with Shell, Npower, and PizzaExpress, in May, after only two years.
A Freedom Rewards credit card, rolled out last month, awards points for spending in any store. Those points can be redeemed at 70 selected partners. It also rolled out a new Cashback card, offering customers 0.5% cashback on every purchase they make.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Digital Marketing and E-Commerce Manager Better Placed Recruitment £30,000 TO £40,000, Macclesfield
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...