Littlewoods make Santa Claus U-turn in Christmas campaign
Littlewoods is launching a £4.2m Christmas campaign starring Santa Claus, a year after the retailer suffered a social-media backlash to its TV ad that implied the festive figure did not exist.
Littlewoods: Myleene Klass stars in Christmas ad campaign
Brand ambassador Myleene Klass features as Santa's 'helper' in the ad, which includes Santa Claus landing his sleigh in an 'enchanted forest'.
Gary Kibble, brand director at Littlewoods, insisted the creative was not a 'knee-jerk reaction' to last year's criticism of its ad, in which young children sang of their mothers having done all the gift shopping, but said the brand felt it was 'right' to address the issue.
The Shop Direct-owned home-shopping retailer will push the message that everyone can have a magical festive season by using its payments system to spread the cost.
Products featured in the ads include the Samsung Galaxy S III, as part of a strategy to modernise the brand image.
TV activity will launch on Thursday (1 November), supported by digital and press campaigns. Littlewoods has pulled investment from cinema and radio, having concluded that the commercial return on those channels last year 'wasn't strong enough'.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)