Littlewoods make Santa Claus U-turn in Christmas campaign
Littlewoods is launching a £4.2m Christmas campaign starring Santa Claus, a year after the retailer suffered a social-media backlash to its TV ad that implied the festive figure did not exist.
Littlewoods: Myleene Klass stars in Christmas ad campaign
Brand ambassador Myleene Klass features as Santa's 'helper' in the ad, which includes Santa Claus landing his sleigh in an 'enchanted forest'.
Gary Kibble, brand director at Littlewoods, insisted the creative was not a 'knee-jerk reaction' to last year's criticism of its ad, in which young children sang of their mothers having done all the gift shopping, but said the brand felt it was 'right' to address the issue.
The Shop Direct-owned home-shopping retailer will push the message that everyone can have a magical festive season by using its payments system to spread the cost.
Products featured in the ads include the Samsung Galaxy S III, as part of a strategy to modernise the brand image.
TV activity will launch on Thursday (1 November), supported by digital and press campaigns. Littlewoods has pulled investment from cinema and radio, having concluded that the commercial return on those channels last year 'wasn't strong enough'.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...