Google cuts hit Motorola's UK marketing team
Motorola is to axe one third of its UK-based marketing department, amid a wider restructure led by its owner, Google.
Motorola: cutting UK marketing team
About five of its 15-strong UK team will be made redundant. The most senior casualty is James King, brand marketing and creative director, Europe, Middle East, Africa and South East Asia.
King has been in his role since 2008, with responsibility for campaigns for the Defy and Aura phones. He joined Motorola 10 years ago, having begun his career at Dyson.
However, Andrew Morley, UK and Ireland general manager at Motorola Mobility UK, is to be retained by the handset manufacturer, along with senior marketing director EMEA Marcus Frost.
Since acquiring Motorola in a $12.5bn deal last year, Google has announced plans to slash 4000 jobs from the brand’s global workforce of 20,000 staff.
Motorola employs 250 staff in the UK. The brand is currently promoting its RAZR i smartphone. The Android-powered device was unveiled last month.
Motorola was unavailable for comment on the job cuts.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Brand and Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, Southampton