Google cuts hit Motorola's UK marketing team
Motorola is to axe one third of its UK-based marketing department, amid a wider restructure led by its owner, Google.
Motorola: cutting UK marketing team
About five of its 15-strong UK team will be made redundant. The most senior casualty is James King, brand marketing and creative director, Europe, Middle East, Africa and South East Asia.
King has been in his role since 2008, with responsibility for campaigns for the Defy and Aura phones. He joined Motorola 10 years ago, having begun his career at Dyson.
However, Andrew Morley, UK and Ireland general manager at Motorola Mobility UK, is to be retained by the handset manufacturer, along with senior marketing director EMEA Marcus Frost.
Since acquiring Motorola in a $12.5bn deal last year, Google has announced plans to slash 4000 jobs from the brand’s global workforce of 20,000 staff.
Motorola employs 250 staff in the UK. The brand is currently promoting its RAZR i smartphone. The Android-powered device was unveiled last month.
Motorola was unavailable for comment on the job cuts.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)