Google cuts hit Motorola's UK marketing team
Motorola is to axe one third of its UK-based marketing department, amid a wider restructure led by its owner, Google.
Motorola: cutting UK marketing team
About five of its 15-strong UK team will be made redundant. The most senior casualty is James King, brand marketing and creative director, Europe, Middle East, Africa and South East Asia.
King has been in his role since 2008, with responsibility for campaigns for the Defy and Aura phones. He joined Motorola 10 years ago, having begun his career at Dyson.
However, Andrew Morley, UK and Ireland general manager at Motorola Mobility UK, is to be retained by the handset manufacturer, along with senior marketing director EMEA Marcus Frost.
Since acquiring Motorola in a $12.5bn deal last year, Google has announced plans to slash 4000 jobs from the brand’s global workforce of 20,000 staff.
Motorola employs 250 staff in the UK. The brand is currently promoting its RAZR i smartphone. The Android-powered device was unveiled last month.
Motorola was unavailable for comment on the job cuts.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London