Google cuts hit Motorola's UK marketing team
Motorola is to axe one third of its UK-based marketing department, amid a wider restructure led by its owner, Google.
Motorola: cutting UK marketing team
About five of its 15-strong UK team will be made redundant. The most senior casualty is James King, brand marketing and creative director, Europe, Middle East, Africa and South East Asia.
King has been in his role since 2008, with responsibility for campaigns for the Defy and Aura phones. He joined Motorola 10 years ago, having begun his career at Dyson.
However, Andrew Morley, UK and Ireland general manager at Motorola Mobility UK, is to be retained by the handset manufacturer, along with senior marketing director EMEA Marcus Frost.
Since acquiring Motorola in a $12.5bn deal last year, Google has announced plans to slash 4000 jobs from the brand’s global workforce of 20,000 staff.
Motorola employs 250 staff in the UK. The brand is currently promoting its RAZR i smartphone. The Android-powered device was unveiled last month.
Motorola was unavailable for comment on the job cuts.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1