Man City virtual sticker app swaps footballers for fans
Manchester City Football Club has launched a Facebook app that lets fans superimpose their faces on top of images of players such as Mario Balotelli, to create their own virtual football sticker.
Man City: football club launches Facebook app
The City Stickers app by Fuse 8 allows Man City fans to swap a footballers' face with an image of their own.
Fans can choose between one of six City players, including Mario Balotelli, David Silva and Sergio Aguero. The final image can be shared with friends on Facebook and Twitter.
Julian Pate, head of marketing at Manchester City, said: "We know fans like to get close to the players, but we thought it would be fun to take that one step further and give them the chance to become their favourite players – or at least see what they’d look like if they were."
Other digital marketing campaigns the club has run include a live post-match Twitter chat with captain Vincent Kompany, and a Spot the Balotelli campaign, using a 360-degree image of a game. Earlier this year it came 16th in Headstream’s 100 social brands ranking.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)